EXTERNAL COMMERCIAL BORROWING (ECB)
The foreign currency loans to the Indian corporate are granted by UCO’s overseas branches. The borrowings raised by the Indian corporate from specified banking sources outside India are termed “External Commercial Borrowings” (ECBs). These ECBs can be raised within the Policy guidelines of Govt. of India/Reserve Bank of India, as applicable from time to time. ECB includes the following:-
- Commercial Loans
- Syndicated Loans
- Floating/Fixed rate notes and bonds
- Lines of Credit from foreign banks and financial institutions
- Import loans, loans from the export credit agencies of other countries.
UCO is very active in granting and arranging various forms of ECB facilities for the Indian Corporate. UCO can offer following services to the Indian corporates in respect of cross border financing:-
- Arranging/granting External Commercial Borrowings by way of Foreign Currency Loans, FRNs, Bonds for the Indian corporates.
- Arranging/underwriting International Syndicated Loans for the Indian corporates.
- Participating in the International Loan Syndications.
- Granting loans backed by Export Credit Agencies.
- Providing import finance for Indian Corporates.
- Issue of Guarantees such as Bids, Bonds, Performance, Advance Payment etc. for the overseas projects bagged by the Indian Corporates